Google+ WTN Haiti Partnership: Dont open till you can cry: Elisme Time 3-23-2011

Nov 2013 - St. Vincent's Trip

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dont open till you can cry: Elisme Time 3-23-2011

On Friday February 11 2011 when I saw the email from Susan Nelson saying sad news I knew I needed to pay attention. My heart was saddened when I read that we had lost one of the (Time) identical twins Cebien Time. (pronounced "Tee-May").  I first met the twins a little over two years ago, I tried to have only one of them come in to the small exam room. I learned that that was not an option; that because they were blind and identical they stayed within arm’s reach together all the time. I quickly adapted and proceed to take vitals on the two men. No easy task with their blindness, first their weight one got on the scale then the other you guessed it they weighed exactly the same.  Blood pressure same, pulse same, temp same, they were so much the same that there was nothing different on their cards except for the name. All the time I was doing this they sat smiling and holding hands. I watched them walk off after their exam and realized that I had just witnessed one of the strongest brotherly bonds I have ever experienced in my life. The flowing song kept going on in my mind and at first I thought the Song writer's Bob Scott and Bob Russell must of written it for them, then I realized it was written before they were born but it sure fit them .


The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
So on we go
His welfare is  my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another.

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

This song kept going in my head as the days passed and I prayed for the surviving brother that God help him cope with his loss. Well God has indeed answered my prayers I saw Elisme Time and he was walking around and at one point on our last day he was sitting by himself smiling that same smile swaying with the music we heard coming out of the dorm enjoying the beautiful weather . I thought he was lonely so I went over and sat beside him and gave him a hug and held his hand. He them proceeded to ask me if I could take him in my vehicle to see his brother in the hospital? Needless to say I wasn’t expecting this I held him and said no I can’t take him to see his brother . But it is apparent that God's helping Elisme cope with his loss; it was a little different then I envisioned. Re read the words to the song

Elisme and Cebien had closeness and love that few people get to experience: God continues to love them.

sent in by John Mutin

No comments:

Post a Comment