Google+ WTN Haiti Partnership: Remembrance

Nov 2013 - St. Vincent's Trip

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Remembrance


"To say I'm devastated is an understatement. I just found out that my friend, 
JoJo, passed yesterday. He was an amazing man who loved his family at 
Ecole St Vincent Haiti unconditionally. He welcomed me into his community 
and made me feel like part of the family. JoJo always greeted me and hugged 
me as only he could. We drew together, painted together, laughed together 
and he kicked my BUTT in checkers every single time we played - we even 
dined and swam together on occasion. He was a huge advocate and unofficial 
spokesperson for inclusion of people with disabilities in Haiti and a sweet 
(albeit sometimes ornery!) man. I am so thankful to have known him for all 
this time. JoJo, you will be sorely missed but I know you are dancing around 
Heaven right now, getting ready to paint with 2 hands!!! 
#withlovefromHaiti"
 
Sonya Yencer
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment